EMERGENCY MEDICINE TRAINING

This is a blog about the journey to become an emergency medicine physician.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

marathon sprint

We had a guy from the cardiac room code in asytole then PEA and we knew digoxin was one of his meds. At one point during the resuscitation, I am nominated to run to pharmacy and get digibind. I sprint across the hospital then up 4 flights of stairs.

I enter pharmacy with the look in my eyes of someone who has done multiple cycles of CPR and run across the hospital and who was in a hurry. I try to mobilize multiple techs to find the digibind, since no one knew where it was located and I promised to return later to fill out paperwork.

I ran back faster than I have in years and we gave the patient, who was still being coded 5 vials. Finally the code ended and he did not survive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home