EMERGENCY MEDICINE TRAINING

This is a blog about the journey to become an emergency medicine physician.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

First big fight with a nurse

I had my first big fight with a member of nursing staff today over something ridiculous. I wonder if the 27+ hour calls are already catching up to me. I looked at my white coat, which had been moved from a chart rack to a chair, and some of the contents from the top pocket had spilled out onto the nasty SICU floor. I replaced the contents and placed it back on the chart rack. A nurse came up and told me I couldn't do that. So I showed her how it would be out of the way of people trying to access the charts. She took it off the rack and handed it to me. So I placed it on the other chart rack. Then she said I should put it on the chair or on me. I explained that on me it was too cumbersome while I was writing orders in the computer and that on the chair it would always get run over by the wheels and leave black streaks on my nice white coat and how professional did that look? So she asked what was wrong with me and I asked what was wrong with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home