EMERGENCY MEDICINE TRAINING

This is a blog about the journey to become an emergency medicine physician.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

This program sucks!

Sitting around in the beeping SICU waiting for the next problem. That is what I do. I solve problems. Most problems though I am not smart enough to solve so I call the fellow or a consultant.

The bane of my existence is the computer. You would think everything would be easier with computers. It could be except that the system they bought for this public hospital is very counterintuitive and miserable to use. Sometimes I get caught in loops of trying unsuccessfully to input an order while everyone is waiting, or I can't find a lab result, or how much of a certain medication someone is getting. It is rotten and it is because I am inept at using this piece of shit medical informatics program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home